One of the most crucial aspects of preparing for JEE Advanced 2023 is time management
- Manage your time between self-study, revision, question practice and regular assessments.
- Avoid wasting time and plan your hours smartly.
- Make a realistic study routine to study all three subjects per day, with revision and question practice.
- Only with a well-planned schedule, you can cover the entire syllabus and even finish revisions.
In addition, you must practice time management during the exam as well. Plan how much time you should dedicate to each section/ subject or even each question.
4. Clear Your Fundamentals First
Before diving straight into your JEE Advanced 2023 preparation, make sure you clear your basics first.
- Go through all the fundamental concepts and formulas, and understand them thoroughly.
- You can also maintain a separate notebook with all the important information and revise them whenever you get a minute to spare.
- Make efforts to clear the concepts, if something is unclear or confusing for you.
Since questions asked in JEE Advanced are mostly twisted, having a strong understanding of the basic concepts is the most crucial aspect of solving them accurately.
5. Select the Right Study Material
Choosing the right study material can make or break your JEE Advanced preparation. Since the syllabus is vast, students may find themselves spiralling down the rabbit hole in the absence of relevant study material.
- Select appropriate study materials that cover the full syllabus with the relevant information presented in easy-to-understand and straightforward language.
- Furthermore, don’t ignore NCERT books from Classes 11th and 12th.
- Solve every question, example and problem of NCERT.
To help JEE aspirants in their preparation, ALLEN Overseas provides expertly curated, comprehensive study material with revision handbooks and question banks, that’ll surely help you, gain a competitive advantage over others.
6. Solve JEE Advanced previous question papers
Effective JEE Advanced 2023 preparation mandates students to have a thorough understanding of the exam pattern, question type, difficulty level, and topic-wise weightage.
- Solving previous year's papers will provide them with a clear picture of that information in addition to improving their problem-solving speed, accuracy and time management skills.
- Students should solve as many previous year's question papers as possible in real exam-like conditions for better preparation.
Moreover, students are recommended to practice mock tests as well for improved performance.
7. Develop Your Own Methods of Learning
You must understand that there’s no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to preparing for JEE Advanced 2023.
- Every individual is different and bears different learning capabilities. Hence, we recommend you create your own tactics and work on them.
- You can try several techniques to learn different concepts, memorize important formulae, answer a question and find which one works best for you.
8. Stay Consistent
That goes without saying. Stay consistent in your preparation.
- Don’t lose focus and give in to procrastination.
- When it comes to JEE Advanced preparation, every day counts.
- For better results, plan your day ahead of time, set daily study goals and make sure you achieve them before retiring to bed.
- Maintain a constant pace to accomplish desired results.
9. Don’t Skip the Revision
Revision should not be skipped at any cost. Once you are finished with your complete syllabus, make sure to revise and re-revise it as many times as you can before the exam.
- Pay more attention to your weak areas.
- Don’t leave anything, revise your whole syllabus.
- Use smart notes like flashcards, flowcharts, cheat sheets, diagrams, video tutorials etc. they will greatly assist you in attaining a high exam score.
- Also, make note of practising mostly application-based and conceptual questions during revision.
10. Don’t Try Anything New Before the Exam
Stick with what you’ve learned. Don’t try anything new before the exam.
- Many aspirants start referring to new books or studying new topics right before the exam which leads to confusion and ultimately frustration or anxiety.
- Avoid doing that, use this time just for revision and mock test practice.
11. Follow a Healthy Routine
- Eat three nutritious meals with healthy snacks in between, stay hydrated and take at least 6-8 hours of sleep every night and practice yoga or meditation to improve your concentration and focus.
- To crack JEE Advanced, you need to be fit - both physically and mentally.